Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 01:13:45 -0700
From:      Eric Dannewitz <ericdano@jazz-sax.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Dump and Sony DAT

I'd like to backup my server using my Sony DAT9000 and dump. I have 3
partitions to backup. The tapedrive is 12 gigs, and the drive on the
server is only 8 gigs.

So, I've tried dumping with the command.......

dump -0au -f /dev/nrsa0 /
dump -0au -f /dev/nrsa0 /usr
dump -0au -f /dev/nrsa0 /var

Are all the backups going to be made on the same tape? So I could
restore with little effort?

Thanks in advance!

--
"Live within your income, even if you have to borrow money to do so." --
Josh Billings

Eric Dannewitz - Adventurer, saxophonist, good-timer (crook? quite
possibly), clarinetist, manic self-publicist, part-time
flautist(flutist?), macintosher, and often thought to be completely out
to lunch.
http://www.jazz-sax.com