Date:      Fri, 18 Jun 1999 23:58:12 +0200 (SAST)
From:      Khetan Gajjar <khetan@chain.freebsd.os.org.za>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Inetd and wrapping.

Around Today, "David Malone" wrote :

DM>  I think we may almost be there, and we've unearther problems with inetd
DM>  that were there anyway - but not as obvious without wrapping. While the
DM>  process is painful I think the end result may be OK.

As a user, I'd say that it would certainly be nice to have
TCPWrapper support in the inetd, but there's no reason why it has
to explicitly be made part of inetd.

The support (after the patches Sheldon brought in) now is
pretty good; is there any reason why the existing functionality should be
extended ?

A RedHat installation I used yonks ago had TCP/Wrappers installed as is
on installation, and had no integration with the inetd; it was basically
inetd and the TCP/Wrappers port installed.

We're already better than that right now.

---
Khetan Gajjar       (!kg1779) * khetan@os.org.za
http://khetan.os.org.za/      * Talk/Finger khetan@khetan.os.org.za
FreeBSD enthusiast            * http://www2.za.freebsd.org/