Date:      Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:59:16 +0100
From:      Werner Lehmann <elvis69@arcor.de>
To:        freebsd-gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Question about gnome

Dear Sirs,

since I've installed FreeBSD 5.3 I use the gnome2.6 desktop. I also
checked out gnome2.8 on a diffrent harddisk.
Unfortunately, there is a feature I miss in the newer gnome versions
since gnome2.4:

with gnome 2.4, video-files (mpeg1) were displayed as thumbnails in
nautilus, showing a frame from within a the video.
When double-clicking the thumbnails, the videos were immediately played
in a window by nautilus itself.

this is not so anymore with gnome2.6 and 2.8.

Is there a way to reactivate that feature?

I also heard that gnome2.8 is able to use the new 3d-features offered by
Xorg, like true shadows and transparency.
Is that true? If so, how can I activate those?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Werner