Date:      Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:10:16 GMT
From:      "Ling-hua Tseng" <uranus@it.muds.net>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/80274: GDB console problem (ddd-3.3.10 with FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE)

The following reply was made to PR ports/80274; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Ling-hua Tseng" <uranus@it.muds.net>
To: <bug-followup@FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 22:00:24 +0800

 I solved this problem.

 I browsed the offical website of GNU DDD.
 The section `What do I need to build DDD' wrote:
     The LessTif user interface toolkit, version 0.89 or higher (or another Motif-compatible user interface toolkit).
 The dependency lib is default to Xm.3:${PORTSDIR}/x11-toolkits/open-motif in the FreeBSD,
 and it's not suitable for my current environment.
 (I don't know why it's not suitable, and I know open-motif is one of motif-compatible UI toolkit.)

 I set WNAT_LESSTIF=yes in my /etc/make.conf and deinstalled the open-motif, and then rebuilt the port `devel/ddd'.
 It works correctly.
 I have installed FreeBSD 5.2-CURRENT and higher versions to more than 10 difference machines.
 The port `devel/ddd' didn't work on all of them (without any special settings) with open-motif.

 I can't describe how to solve this problem exactly.
 Maybe there're something incompatible features in the `x11-toolkits/open-motif'.
 Maybe there're something wrong in it.
 Maybe there're some old codes in the `devel/ddd' which are not suitable to the lastest open-motif.

 Just hope it's helpful :-)