Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 1995 13:00:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@kryten.Atinc.COM>
To:        PATRICK BROCHU <brocp00@DMI.USherb.CA>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Window system

On Mon, 23 Oct 1995, PATRICK BROCHU wrote:

> 	I just installed FreBSD 2.0.5 from walnut creek.  When i type
> startx to enter the graphical interface, it starts me an ugly window
> system wich i think is TWM or something like that.  Is there a way to

	it is indeed TWM

> install something that looks like open look?  Are the files included on
> the cd-rom?  Sorry for my dumb question and thanks in advance.

	you can ftp the packages for FVWM or OLVWM

FVMW:
Fvwm is a just another window manager for X11, which provides a simple virtual
desktop, a 3-D look for windows decorations, and shaped, color icons.
It can be configured to use far less memory than twm, or to give a very
good emulation of mwm. A nice button-bar can be used to provide
convenient access to frequently used functions or programs.

OLVWM:
Olvwm (OPEN LOOK virtual window manager) is an ICCCM compliant window manager
supplied for use with the XView toolkit.  It is derived from olwm, the
OPEN LOOK window manager supplied with the XView release.  This version of
olvwm is based on version 3 of the XView release.

enjoy!

Jonathan M. Bresler  jmb@kryten.atinc.com       | Analysis & Technology, Inc.
FreeBSD Postmaster   jmb@FreeBSD.Org            | 2341 Jeff Davis Hwy
play go.                                        | Arlington, VA 22202
ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life      | 703-418-2800 x346