Date:      20 Sep 2004 10:29:15 -0400
From:      Dan Pelleg <daniel+bsd@pelleg.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wi driver problems: WEP+ACPI, -5.3B5

I'm running FreeBSD-5.3B5 on an ibm thinkpad X23 with a USR 2410 wireless
pccard (wi driver). I noticed that it loses a WEP connection when I boot
with ACPI. It usually happens during a large transfer (like getting a
listing of
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-5-current/All/
). ifconfig then shows "no carrier", and I found no way to resurrect it
other than a reboot.

This does not happen when WEP is not used, or if I boot with ACPI disabled.
The same machine is also running 4.10 and there are no such problems there.

The mailing lists show this problem or a similar one is seen by others. I
don't think I've seen the ACPI bit being mentioned. Just adding a
datapoint.

--

  Dan Pelleg