Date:      Sun, 27 Sep 1998 09:34:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au (Bruce Evans)
Cc:        bde@zeta.org.au, current@FreeBSD.ORG, sos@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cd9660 mounts...

> >> They won't work for cd in -current, since it uses slices.  You need
> >
> >it does not use slices, it only grabs a few bits from the minor
> >number to identify the track and i happened to use dkslice() because
> >it was doing exactly what i needed. If the macro is not present in
> >-current, then one can simply redefine
>
> The driver uses slices, and will reject access to minor numbers that
> have bits set that it doesn't support.

hmmm.. ok, i have lost track if we are talking about scsi cd or
atapi cd; the latter (wcd.c) in -current seems not to do any check on
the slice number.

But never mind, the problem seems to be a minor one since as someone
suggested it is better to modify mount_cd9660 to pass the track number
to the driver, so that we avoid proliferation of entries in /dev

	luigi