Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:03:15 -0500
From:      Brian Dean <bsd@bsdhome.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   new port from a new porter, review requested

Hi,

I've written an application that I think would be a good candidate for
becoming part of the ports tree.  It's called comserv, and it allows
one to access network terminal server serial ports via /dev device
file entries.  I use it to access serial consoles for several of my
FreeBSD machines, as well as to access to my eeprom burner and several
other serial devices.  These are attached to my el-cheapo Xyplex
MAXserver 1600's I bought off e-bay.

From the pkg-descr file:

  "The comservd program provides a facility to access network terminal
  server serial ports, such as those available on Xyplex terminal server
  models, via /dev device file entries.  This allows programs such as
  tip(1) to access devices connected to the terminal server serial
  ports."

I've rolled this into a port.  However, this is my first one and I was
hoping someone here with experience at this could give me a review
before I pull the pin and commit.

The distfile is currently in my public_distfiles directory on
freefall.  I copied it there a short while ago and I don't know what
the schedule is for copying these to the MASTER_SITE_LOCAL area, but
you can get it from here if necessary:

	http://people.freebsd.org/~bsd/comserv-1a.tgz

Please find the shar for the port below. I appreciate any feedback you
can provide.

Thanks!
-Brian
--
Brian Dean
bsd@FreeBSD.org

# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	comserv
#	comserv/Makefile
#	comserv/distinfo
#	comserv/pkg-comment
#	comserv/pkg-descr
#	comserv/pkg-plist
#
echo c - comserv
mkdir -p comserv > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - comserv/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >comserv/Makefile << 'END-of-comserv/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	comserv
X# Date created:				12 November 2000
X# Whom:					Brian Dean <bsd@FreeBSD.org>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
X#
XPORTNAME=      comserv
XPORTVERSION=   1a
XCATEGORIES=    comms
XMASTER_SITES=  ${MASTER_SITE_LOCAL}
XMAINTAINER=    bsd@FreeBSD.org
XMAN8=          comservd.8
XMANCOMPRESSED= yes
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-comserv/Makefile
echo x - comserv/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >comserv/distinfo << 'END-of-comserv/distinfo'
XMD5 (comserv-1a.tar.gz) = e611c8e326101cf89be4f525c31e8d23
END-of-comserv/distinfo
echo x - comserv/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >comserv/pkg-comment << 'END-of-comserv/pkg-comment'
XA daemon for managing terminal server serial connections
END-of-comserv/pkg-comment
echo x - comserv/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >comserv/pkg-descr << 'END-of-comserv/pkg-descr'
XThe comservd program provides a facility to access network terminal
Xserver serial ports, such as those available on Xyplex terminal server
Xmodels, via /dev/ device file entries.  This allows programs such as
Xtip(1) to access de- vices connected to the terminal server serial
Xports.
END-of-comserv/pkg-descr
echo x - comserv/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >comserv/pkg-plist << 'END-of-comserv/pkg-plist'
Xsbin/comservd
Xetc/comservd.conf.sample
Xetc/rc.d/comservd.sh
END-of-comserv/pkg-plist