Date:      Tue, 08 Apr 97 20:15:35
From:      me@corecom.net (Michael A. Endsley)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   No kernel source installed

I d/led 2.2.1-R and various pkgs via ftp. (about 185 megs).
I followed every step in the menu and then re-booted to start FreeBSD. It
booted and everything looked fine, so I then wanted to make a custom
kernel and look at "make world".  I read that to build the kernel, the
usr/src/sys directory must be present.  I don't show this directory!
I did the "novice" installation and everything seemed to go ok.  I also
printed about 50 pages of the handbook, faqs, and tutorial.  I don't know
what I did wrong this time. I checked the package installation direction
but don't find it there. Where do I look now, or did I miss it somewhere?
Thanks,
Mike