Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:34:58 +0200
From:      "Julian Stacey" <jhs@berklix.org>
To:        Maher Mohamed <mahmoh@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please Suport Starsky2 DVB-S card please

"Julian H. Stacey" wrote:
> Maher Mohamed wrote:
> > Hello there I would like to ask you if you could add to the final
> > realase drivers for the SkyStar2 PCI card it is a Digital Sat-Reciver
> > made by TechniSat Company, the bad thing though is that they do not
> > suport it
> >
> > Thank you very much...
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/donations/index.html#components
>
> If donate & send one to developers, (perhaps sharing purchase cost
> with another owner) & if you get tech. docs from manufacturer, your
> chances of getting a developer to donate his time free may likely
> rise dramaticaly.  (No I'm Not looking for a card myself :-)

I happened to see one of those cards in a 2nd hand PC junk shop @
lunch break today, if you Maher Mohamed <mahmoh@gmail.com> want me
to ask that shop what it would cost, & if you then agree price plus
send money for that & postage to wherever in world you want it sent,
I will post it to whichever FreeBSD developer if any you find &
identify as having volunteered to develop a driver.

I'm still not interested for myself, but don't mind helping a bit.
If you want to contact shop I think from memory its called
	Balmer, Schiller Str, Munich Germany.
Shop owner speaks German & English. Your phone directory enquiries should do.
Would be nicer if you sent a developer a guaranteed new & working one though.

-
Julian Stacey        Net & Sys Eng Consultant, Munich       http://berklix.com
Mail in Ascii (Html=Spam).  Ihr Rauch = mein allergischer Kopfschmerz.