Date:      Thu, 19 Jan 2006 13:01:56 +0100
From:      Milan Obuch <current@dino.sk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jails QOS.

On Thursday 19 January 2006 12:32, Ricardo A. Reis wrote:
> Julian,
>
> > it seems from reading it that openVZ is closer to:
> > Marco Zec's "Vimage" project ( http://www.tel.fer.hr/zec/vimage/ )
> > than to plain jails.

>    When a many numbers of the vimage caused performance degradation? I
> have a plan to introduce a many jails for VPS (Virtual Private Server)
> in University, but i have large DB with this is possible scale one or
> more vimage?

There are some number on Marko's page showing performance degradation
somewhere around 1 %, if my memory is not accidentally overwritten :)

> > I would like to be able to work out how to make vimage "extensible"
> > and suitable for
> > inclusion in a production system because it is very cool.
>
>     Introduce this project in default system is very like, i like the
> work on this but i don't have more time for another's projects.

I would like really badly to get something like vimages too, however, I could
only test patches if they are available. Otherwise I need to maintain old
4.11 with vimages for some time...

Regards,
Milan