Date:      Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:09:00 -0300
From:      Mario Sergio Fujikawa Ferreira <lioux@FreeeBSD.org>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org, Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>, Martin Blapp <mbr@freebsd.org>, openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/35991: Portuguese category requested for new port of blwm

On Tue, Sep 10, 2002 at 03:18:51AM -0400, Trevor Johnson wrote:
> According to the audit trail for PR 37576
> <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/37576>; (the last
> request for a category which received a response from a portmgr member)
> five ports is considered enough to justify a category.
>
> There are now five Portuguese ports:
>
> 	editors/openoffice-pt
> 	editors/staroffice52-pt
> 	textproc/br-ispell
> 	textproc/pt-aspell
> 	x11-wm/blwm

	Actually, there are more if you consider localized i18n
ports :)

	editors/ooodict-pt_BR
	editors/ooodict-pt_PT
	misc/kde3-i18n-pt
	misc/kde3-i18n-pt_BR
	www/frontpage-pt_BR

	So, we have about 10 ports to start a new category.
Can I move and commit this? The changes would include:

	1) repo copy moving (+ some fixing in the ports) all of the above
	to a new category subdir portuguese
	2) add the new category to bsd.port.mk
	3) add the new category to portlint
	4) add the new category to Porter's Handbook
	5) make appropriate changes to the www site if any

	Let me know what you guys think.

	Regards,

--
Mario S F Ferreira - DF - Brazil - "I guess this is a signature."
Computer Science Undergraduate | FreeBSD Committer | CS Developer