Date:      Thu, 31 May 2012 14:43:56 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        pyunyh@gmail.com, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pcie realtek issue (re driver)

On Thursday, May 31, 2012 1:42:07 pm Mike Tancsa wrote:
> On 5/31/2012 10:57 AM, John Baldwin wrote:
> >>
> >> Right, but what if it is not(from the pciconf output)?
> >> I'm pretty sure re(4) used RF_ACTIVE with bus_alloc_resource_any(9).
> >
> > Hmm, is this pciconf output when the driver is attached?
>
> Hi,
> 	Here are some of the variations attached in a txt file.  Could this
> just be a broken card ?  I will try and boot up another OS on the box
> and see if it works.

So it seems it is not honoring our writes to the command register to turn on
I/O or memory decoding.

Oh weird, in your last case it seems they are enabled.  (Driver not loaded at
all).  Wonder if something in the driver startup is stomping on the PCI
command register (e.g. in the firmware).

Might be interesting to add printfs in re_attach() and see when the relevant
bits in the command register change (e.g. do they get turned off by
re_reset()).

--
John Baldwin