Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 2004 18:31:32 -0600
From:      "Brandon D. Valentine" <brandon@dvalentine.com>
To:        Adam Weinberger <adamw@FreeBSD.org>, Norikatsu Shigemura <nork@FreeBSD.org>, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/flashpluginwrapper

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 09:47:48AM -0500, Adam Weinberger wrote:
> >> (02.18.2004 @ 0858 PST): Norikatsu Shigemura said, in 1.1K: <<
> > 	I will not remove flashpluginwrapper.  But I think that anyone
> > 	doesn't want to use this port.  Because it was upgrade to
> > 	linuxpluginwrapper.  Of cause, I know many people who is using
> > 	non-libmap.conf(5) feature's environment.  So I'm keeping it.
>
> On systems on which linuxflashplugin will work out-of-the-box (i.e. 5.X,
> 4.X after a week ago), I think flashpluginwrapper should still be marked
> IGNORE, and should instruct people to use linuxflashplugin.

My suggestion would be to add a conditional to the port Makefile like
this:

.if ${OSVERSION} < 490102
IGNORE=		"Please use www/linuxpluginwrapper.  This port should be obsolete.  If you wish to use this port anyway, set NO_IGNORE."
.endif

HTH,

Brandon D. Valentine
--
brandon@dvalentine.com                           http://www.geekpunk.net
Pseudo-Random Googlism:  winter is camellia season