Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:32:26 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Michael Weichert <mweichert@bmts.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Floppies...

Michael Weichert wrote:

> Hey there. I am having trouble putting the boot files on floppies, as
> they are 1.44MB of size and the actual size of a floppy is 1.38MB.

The actual size of a floppy is 1440KB (1440*1024 bytes), which is not
1.38MB by any normal definition of MB.  I would guess you're trying to
copy it to a DOS formatted floppy rather than doing an image copy with
dd(1) or a similar program.

I'm not sure why you sent this to -doc either, -questions would probably
seem more appropriate.

--
Ben Smithurst / ben@scientia.demon.co.uk / PGP: 0x99392F7D