Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 12:37:57 GMT
From:      steve2@genesis.tiac.net (Steve Gerakines)
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ANy one useing ft driver under 2.0 current???

> I am trying to get a colorado 250 working.  It probes and every thing
> but ``tar czf - | ft "test1" runs for awhile and then finishes without

        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
When you say a while, how long approximately and what was the size of
the save?  Also was this mistyped or is this actually the command you
used?  You didn't specify any files to back up with tar with what you've
typed here.  (tar czf - . | ft "test1" would work).

> ft "test1"
> test:rgrimes {131} ft "test1"
> "ftfilt vol*01 0000000045 test1" - Wed Mar 22 06:51:56 1995
> test:rgrimes {132}

> Sure enought that is when I wrote it, but where the hell is my DATA???

Only 45 bytes were written to the tape, so no data.  To test to see
if either the backup command was bad or the ft driver messed up, do an
"ft | tar tvzf -".  If tar doesn't complain about reaching premature EOF
then the archive was empty.

- Steve
steve2@genesis.tiac.net