Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 16:49:48 +0100 (BST)
From:      Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Man pages

I'm having problems with man pages on one of our bsd servers. On this
particular machine all the man pages come out badly formatted.. I get
things like:-

to....so..uoe.temp.sO doc-syms NAME
     ls

SYNOPSIS
     ls [FlACFLRTacdfiloqrstu1] [Arfile...]

DESCRIPTION

Which makes the pages rather hard to read :(

Ive tried re-compiling and installing man, troff and the termcap but that
doesn't seem to help. I know the pages are okay because they are the same
as ones on other machines that do work.

The other problem is that when I install the termcap from the 2.1 release
the ls command goes funny. The ls -q listing thinks the window is 1
character wider than it really is. Going back to the old term all is okay!

Anybody any ideas on either of these problems? Please reply by email to:
dev@flevel.co.uk

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards,

Trefor S.