Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 1995 18:21:56 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ernie Elu <ernie@tinny.eis.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Binary compatibility with NetBSD

>Is amusing that we can share so much out of the OS and the apps but
>oops when it comes to share libs all bets are off.
>
>	Amancio

I am a bit new to all this. What uinx like systems have shared library
compatibility between them? I would have though static linked binaries would
have been enough. Can someone fill me in on some sucessful examples of this?

I am running Netscape that runs on several BSD system so I am told. How does
it do that? I presume staic linking is all that they did.

- Ernie.
    Elu Information Systems  - ernie@tinny.eis.net.au  Brisbane - Australia
                       "I ping, therefore I am."