Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 1995 17:53:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      John Brann <jbrann@panix.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GENERIC kernel & some basic UNIX pointers

[stuff about 2 PPP styles removed]

> Has anyone compared the two?  Is one faster/less overhead/whatever?

I have used both on 950412-SNAP.  The kernel-type gave me a large error-
packet count, which I don't get with the user-type (this was bad enough to
cause ftp to freeze up on occasion).  This may be a vagary of the SNAP, but I
have found the user-type much more reliable, and dial-on-demand rules!

John.
--
Difficult conversations with great figures of history:
3. Winston Churchill: