Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 1996 03:41:47 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        pedrosal@nce.ufrj.br, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Server for TGUI 9440

In article <9609211737.AA18849@barra.nce.ufrj.br> you wrote:
: Dear Sirs:

 Gday!

: I installed the new version 2.1.5 of FreeBSD and was surprised that
: it still hasn't the server for the Trident TGUI 9440 video card!

 XFree86, the Xwindows distribution that ships with FreeBSD, isn't
 developed by the FreeBSD team, and they don't really have much to
 do with it at all.

 The problem is that the 9440 isn't supported by a "release" quality
 version of XFree86.    It is, however, supported by the
 3.1.2G beta version.

: When will it make part of the distribution CD?

 When XFree86 releases a non-beta version.

: Where can I get the server while it isn't in the CD?

 Check out http://www.xfree86.org/

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs  ---  http://www.imforei.apana.org.au/~pjchilds