Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 18:27:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Omar Thameen <omar@clifford.inch.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SCSI card used at cdrom.com?

I'd like to throw my question out again, with a bit more of a general
slant to it:

Does everyone find the adaptec 2940xxx to be reliable and stable?

Since we've used the Buslogic for soooo long I just want some
reassurances.  I recall there were some issues in the past of Adaptec
changing things around that broke certain things.  Those that do run them,
do you enable all of the "options" in your kernel?  I'm convinced these
are faster than the Buslogic, I just want to make sure the stability is
there.  We will not be using CAM until 3.0 has been out for a while and we
upgrade to that...  Any input is welcome!

And to David, may I ask a bit about how you came to choose the Mylex raid
controller over the CMD?  We have pretty much settled on the CMD after
many recommendations, but I'd like to hear some of your reasons for going
with the Mylex...

Thanks,

Charles

---