Date:      Mon, 06 May 2013 11:12:51 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Chisnall <theraven@FreeBSD.org>, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        toolchain@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: patch to add AES & PCLMUL intrinsics to gcc

On 2013-05-06 10:39, David Chisnall wrote:
> On 6 May 2013, at 01:27, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:
>
>> One question I have is that I copied wmmintrin.h from clang... It has a
>> license statement, but no copyright statement...  Do I need to add one
>> from somewhere?
>
> The clang headers are all supposed to have a UIUC license header.  If you find one that is missing, then file a bug report upstream.

All of the clang headers have this at the start:

/*===---- smmintrin.h - SSE4 intrinsics ------------------------------------===
  *
  * Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
  * of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal
  * in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
  * to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
  * copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
  * furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
  *
  * The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in
  * all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
  *
  * THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
  * IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
  * FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
  * AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
  * LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
  * OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
  * THE SOFTWARE.
  *
  */

E.g., there is no copyright statement, and it seems to be a BSD/MIT-like license...