Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 1996 18:18:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert N Watson <rnw+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   B/W Quickcam information?

I noticed that the 2.1.5 release notes (and not surprisingly, the kernel
:) list support for the quickcam -- is there software available that can
be used to grab frames from it from the command line?  I'd be interested
in grabbing images from it every 5 minutes and putting them on the web
in an unattended manner using crontab/etc..  Unfortunately, I'm a bit
squeezed for time as I'm leaving town for several weeks on Tuesday so
would like to pick it up Monday as long as I know it can do what I need.
 I visited the third-party developers page and found references to vic
and nv but have never used these before so am unsure of their function
or compatibility.

Thanks in advance for any help..
Robert Watson