Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 09:08:18 -0600
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@caspian.plutotech.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>, scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: delay in debugging problems with Qlogic cards caused by...

>It strikes me that an upper bound of busy time would be a good thing to
>have- it took me several days of hangs in the middle of the night until I
>finally caught this. You can say that this is "flaky" h/w (and you'd be
>right), but seems like a good case for defensive programming. Whew. I'm
>sore fatigued...

What is a good upper bound on the length of time a device should be allowed
to report busy?

I hate these kinds of questions because you never seem to be able to
satisfy everyone.  Perhaps 5 minutes is good.

One thing I don't understand yet is why this hung up the whole machine.
It should have only stuffed up that one device, not all devices in the
system.  Have you looked at the code path to see where this other bug
may be?

--
Justin