Date:      Thu, 15 Nov 2001 11:38:50 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netscape multitasking less smoothly?

I'm running NS 4.78 under 4.4-stable, and I'm noticing something I don't
remember seeing before.  When running NS in multiple windows, the app
will lock up if one of the windows is bogged down.  In other words, if
window A has loaded its page, and Window B is waiting for more data,
Window A becomes blank and unresponsive until the deadlock in B is
released.  Maybe it has always been this way, and I am just now
stressing the system to that point with multiple windows, but I do not
recall this happening under 4.76.  Has anyone else had a similar
experience?

jm