Date:      Fri, 17 May 1996 16:05:12 +0200
From:      Jesper Hagen <hagen@iesd.auc.dk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   NFS server is hanging.

During the last couple of weeks, the load on our FreeBSD NFS server
has increased. Lately we discovered that the servers very easily were
hung up to several minutes at a time when large files (over 1 MB) were
written from large SparcStations. It seems only to be a problem when
writing.

This has become a severe problem---the servers hang several times a
day.

Has anyone experienced this and come up with solutions?

Yours sincerely,

--
Jesper Hagen

Department of Mathematics and Computer Science.
Aalborg University, Denmark.