Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 00:53:37 -0400
From:      "James Gill" <gill@topsecret.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   OpenBSD

As a result of this conversation, I found myself once again cruising
the OpenBSD website and noticed a particularly disturbing paragraph at
the bottom of the front page at http://www.openbsd.org/goals.html:

"Theo de Raadt has spent more than $30,000 (CDN) to make OpenBSD run
so far, mostly due to expensive networking costs in Canada and such
(due to USA crypto policies, it is not possible to move the project to
the USA). No funding or cost-sharing of the project comes from any
company or educational institution. As well, Theo works full-time on
improving OpenBSD. Additional funding is urgently needed at all times,
in fact a nice sponsorship or two would go a long ways towards
ensuring that OpenBSD continues to exist. Currently the project is in
grave danger.

Please do not take this above statement too lightly, since the project
is typically not in strong financial health. "

I dunno, perhaps this is an opportune time to try to coordinate the
projects?

--gill