Date:      Thu, 18 Mar 2004 09:38:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      Chad Gross <avatar4d@yahoo.com>
To:        Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Zope

Thank you for your assistence, I managed to figure out
what my problem was. It turns out zope must be started
as root. I was starting it as another user which is
what Zope.org suggests to do. I guess I have to change
ownership though for the rest of the files to that
user in order to be able to run it as a different
user. I should be able to figure out the rest of this
Zope beast. Again I appreciate the quick responses.

Thank you,

Chad G.

--- Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my> wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-03-17 at 19:07 -0800, Chad Gross wrote:
>
> > I am perplexed as to what I am doing wrong with
> Zope
> > on FreeBSD 4.9. I have managed to get it to start,
> but
> > when I go to localhost:8080
>
> I can't duplicate this problem on any Zope port
> installs I've done so
> far (FreeBSD-5.x) and you should not have to change
> permissions of any
> of the Zope directories.
>
> Can you give the output of
> /usr/local/www/Zope/var/zope-output ?
>
> Anybody running Zope (from ports) on 4.9?

name=signature.asc

=====
Chad Gross
cmg4380@rit.edu
Within the mind you can find the meaning to your existance!