Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 08:09:34 -0800
From:      DARREND@novell.com (Darren Davis)
To:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, terry@lambert.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Flex - Reply

An interesting note about the Flex that comes with FreeBSD.  I have been
attempting to get cscope compiled for FreeBSD (don't ask, I can't give
it out.)  It processed the lex grammer just fine, and generated the c file.
 The resulting C file fails horribly with GCC.  I haven't done much further
investigation other than this.  Another interesting note is that if I use
lex on UnixWare, the resulting C file compiles just fine with GCC (though
I don't have the necessary matching library for lex on FreeBSD.  MORE WORK)

Darren R. Davis
Senior Software Engineer
Novell,  Inc.