Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 19:27:37 +0200
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        efb@cotdazr.org
Cc:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mutt mail, ncurses, terminfo on 2.0.5 ?FETCH?

efb@cotdazr.org wrote:

> Doug,
>
> Thank you .. got the port makefile etc .. alas .. NOT YET .. I tried
> on my F.Bsd 2.0.5 not having fetch to make mutt-pgp (YES I am resident
> and citizen US) ..
>
>          setenv USA_RESIDENT YES ; make -dA
> End of Results ..
>
> SuffFindDeps (pre-fetch)
>         No known suffix on pre-fetch. Using .NULL suffix
> not adding suffix rules
> pre-fetch:@ = pre-fetch
> pre-fetch:* = pre-fetch
> Examining pre-fetch...non-existent...non-existent and no sources...out-of-date.
> pre-fetch:? =
> pre-fetch:> =
> ftp: illegal option -- o
> usage: ftp [-dginptv] [host [port]]
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
>
> I GUESS I am (1) using an obsolete FTP that finds a "-o" option I searched
> and dont know where .. and (2) I should have a prog named fetch in utilities
> .. locate says the only fetch.c is part of systat .. doubt if that is to
> fetch versions of sources to compile while running a port make ..

No. IIRC, fetch(1) was introduced with 2.1.5R. You can look at the man
pages available on the web site to check out its options. If your only
problem is with fetching the distribution files, simply download the
files required (which you'll find in the port's Makefile) by hand and
place them in /usr/ports/distfiles. The makefile tries there before it
attempts to fetch from the net.

> Could you suggest where I should go to get to where I can port-make MUTT ..
>
> I can not yet upgrade the current 2.0.5 ...
>
> Again thanks and for your patience /Ev/
>

> > On Mon, 27 Oct 1997, Everett Batey wrote:
> >
> > > Question from the FAQ I couldnt find .. MUTT .. found no port ..
> >
> > It's there under ports/mail.  I just built it the other day with
> > absolutely no problems.
> >
> > If you don't know what I mean, see http://www.freebsd.org/ports/.
>
> --
>  + http://www.cotdazr.org  efb@cotdazr.org -- WA6CRE -- http://www.gitt.gov +
>  + http://www.oxnardsd.org  [EFB15]  SunUG: http://halide.acs.uci.edu/GCSUG +
>  + BSD Unix Sun Linux, Security, Cisco Routing, QMail Inn DNS & My Opinions +
>  + Beep: 805.655.2017 Vmail: 805.340.6471+5, 800.545.6998 USN: 805.982.7180 +
Nadav