Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 23:08:30 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ejon@pencom.com (Eric Jones)
Subject:   Re: include Makefile - am I the only one having trouble with this?

As Eric Jones wrote:

> 	It looks to me like the SRCDIR/include makefile is building
> osreldate.h into ${.CURDIR}, but the install occurs from
> ${.CURDIR}/rpc.  Did everybody else just stuff a copy of osreldate.h
> into include/rpc?

If this happens, your make(1) would be royally screwed.

>         cd ${.CURDIR}/rpc; \
>                 ${INSTALL} -C -o ${BINOWN} -g ${BINGRP} -m 444 \
>                 ${RPCFILES} ${DESTDIR}/usr/include/rpc
> !       cd ${.CURDIR}; \
> !               ${INSTALL} -C -o ${BINOWN} -g ${BINGRP} -m 444
> osreldate.h \
>                 ${DESTDIR}/usr/include

Note that these are two different shell command lines, each of them is
being passed down to (in effect) on call to sh -c.  Naturally, the
chdir to ${.CURDIR}/rpc is only in effect for the first command, the
second one starts over with the default directory (/usr/obj/...).

--
cheers, J"org