Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 13:58:55 +0930
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, mobile@freebsd.org, handy@sag.space.lockheed.com
Subject:   Re: Patches from -current for -stable I'd like to commit after testing

> > (One killer is that the code now allocates IRQ 11 by default for the
> >  pcic, but IRQ 11 is used by "something" else that's not probed.
>
> I changed the code to use the 'highest' un-allocated IRQ, because that's
> what Win95 does and many machines used built-in IRQ's for IRQ 3.

Understood entirely; all I meant was that you moved the problem from
your machine to mine.  8)

> >  There
> >  needs to be a mechanism for explicitly specifying an IRQ for the pcic.)
>
> Yes, there does.  But, because of the current 'ISA' leanings of the
> configuration, there isn't an easy way.

I hacked an option into kern_intr that allows you to specify a mask of
interrupts that can never be allowed on the system; this seemed to
work pretty well.

> In the meantime, you could try backing out the change I made to see if
> things start working again.

I did that; it didn't help.  I need to spend some more time chasing
kernel builds; I just don't have that right now.  (Assignments, exams,
new product lagging on a solid deadline...)

mike