Date:      Thu, 10 Aug 2006 13:41:57 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        Dominic Marks <dom@goodforbusiness.co.uk>
Subject:   Re: Device conflict 3ware twe and CMedia sound card

On Thursday 10 August 2006 11:27, Dominic Marks wrote:
> I've had a look, I don't exactly know what to look for, but I have
> several PCI Express to
> PCI bridges:
>
> pcib3@pci1:0:2: class=0x060400 card=0x00000044 chip=0x032a8086 rev=0x00
> hdr=0x01
>      vendor   = 'Intel Corporation'
>      device   = '6700PXH PCI Express-to-PCI Express Bridge B'
>      class    = bridge
>      subclass = PCI-PCI

You probably are hitting the condition I'm thinking of then.

> While looking through the pciconf -vl output I also noticed this error:
>
> twe0@pci3:13:0: class=0x010400 card=0x100113c1 chip=0x100113c1 rev=0x01
> hdr=0x00
>      vendor   = '3ware Inc.'
>      device   = '7000/8000 series ATA-133 Storage Controller' **
>      class    = mass storage
>      subclass = RAID
>
> ** This actually a SATA 150 Controller. Not a big deal, but still incorrect.

It's just a string in /usr/share/misc/pci_vendors, it has no effect on
operation or anything in the kernel. :)

> > hint.pci3.13.INTA.irq=17
> >
> > That should make twe0 use IRQ 17.
> >

> I doesn't seem to have had the desired effect:
>
>  > kenv | grep pci3
> hint.pci3.13.INTA.irq="17"
>
>  > grep twe0 /var/run/dmesg.boot
> twe0: <3ware Storage Controller. [...]> port 0xdcb0-0xdcbf mem
> 0xdf000000-0xdf7fffff irq 49 at device 13.0 on pci3

Erm, that should have worked.  Did you just do 'kenv' to set it or did you
reboot and set it in the loader?  Also, what version are you running, and
what revision of /sys/dev/pci/pci.c do you have?

--
John Baldwin