Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 1996 11:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Josh Tiefenbach <josh@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca>
To:        gpalmer@freebsd.org (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Breaking ffs - speed enhancement?

> MVFS? Sorry, not familiar with that.

MultiVersion FS. Used in Atria's Clearcase (SCM) tool to implement their
method of version control. It allows neat things like specify which version of
the file you want.

eg:

/usr/src/foo.c (The version of foo.c selected based on some config spec)
/usr/src/foo.c@@ (The actual element)
/usr/src/foo.c@@/TESTING (the version of foo.c labeled TESTING)

Turning back to LFS, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring (as soon as I
finish reading the papesr of course :)

josh

--
Josh Tiefenbach                      | "No, I'm not going to explain it. If you
President,                           | can't figure it out, you didnt want to