Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2014 17:16:43 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Ben Perrault <ben.perrault@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: RouterBoard 493G question and AR8327 hardware to donate..

 I mean, I'll take it.. :-)

I have the RB450 to finish porting, since it has an AR8327 in it.

-a

On 12 March 2014 16:49, Ben Perrault <ben.perrault@gmail.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> So I have a MikroTik RB493G, and I while I've got no problems networking =
booting it or getting an NFS root, via a slightly modified AR71xx config an=
d Adrian's excellent build scripts.

> But what I would like to do is get a bootable kernel / MFS image onto tha=
t box so it's self contained. I've tried booting OpenWRT onto it and using =
their wget2nand to flash various types of images onto it - with no avail. (=
 if only there was uboot for these things )

> I've searched the archives and found mention, from Luiz, on creating a ya=
ffs image and write it to the NAND. But I'm not entirely sure how to do thi=
s ( i've looked at the docs, and am still a little lost ). It was for a RB4=
50, but it seems most things regarding the RB450/450G apply to the RB493G.

> So does anyone have an idea on how to do that? Is it even possible?
>

> Additionally - in a few weeks - I'll have a spare MikroTik CRS-125-24g-1S=
-2HnD-In ( which is similar to the RB2011, but with a 24 gigabit switch por=
ts and a nifty programable LCD panel ) that I would like to donate to get s=
upport for it. It's AR8327 based, which I know just got support in head. I'=
m assuming adrian would be the person to talk to, but I could be wrong. Is =
there interest? It would be a neat box for soft switching stuff, for sure.