Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 10:22:38 -0800
From:      "Majid Almassari" <majid@ibroadcast.net>
To:        "jason sonic" <sonic_jtx@yahoo.com>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: help

Hi Jason
First lets start with the Hard Drive(s). Does it have any other Operating
Systems or Data in it? if the answer is yes then you probably have an OS
that is taking the entire disk. what you need to do in this situation is
delete the partition(s) and recreate them. You also need to practice some
cautions that you don't wipe out any OS or data that you need. A Swap file
is basically a disk space used for virtual memory so if your physical memory
can't find any more resources to utilize it uses the swap file. Usually your
swap should be 2-3 times your physical memory and should be used to a bare
minimum to avoid memory thrashing. Hopefully that helps.

--
Majid Almassari, MSEE, MCP.
Systems Administrator