Date:      Mon, 23 Feb 2004 06:25:42 -0700
From:      <service@fixer.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   cvsup not working

FreeBSD fixer.com 5.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Sun Feb 22 =
14:47:02 GMT 2004 root@:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/VILLATV i386

I am having a problem with cvsup version 16. I used it about a month ao =
with no problem. I have now tried it several times with no success. I =
even reinstalled the entire operating system twice.=20

I activate my modum and type cvsup supfile. The box appears and I click =
the go tab. It goes wild for about 30 to 40 seconds downloading 40 to 50 =
files.  This is okay.  After that, it just dies. This is the problem. I =
don't understand why it dies.

I have an external modem and after it dies, sometimes the transfer =
lights on the modum blink and sometimes theres no light at all. After it =
dies, it will go until it times out (15 to 20 minutes). I have FreeBSD =
5.1. I installed the cvsup package off the 1st cdrom. I created 'cvsup' =
in the /usr/local/etc directory. I put my supfile under cvsup. I have =
csh, so I typed 'setenv CVS ROOT=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup', which seems to =
work. The supfile I use is=20

*default host=3Dcvsup5.freebsd.org

*default prefix=3D/usr

*default base=3D/usr/local/etc/cvsup

*default tag-.

*default release=3Dcvs

*default delete use-rel-suffix compress

ports-all

I don't remember my first supfile, I thinks it like the above. Also I =
learned that if something in the supfile isn't perfect, it won't work. =
Please analyze and let me know whats wrong. Thanks in advance.

greg

service@fixer.com