Date:      Wed, 14 Apr 1999 17:35:45 -0500
From:      "Brian's Mail" <bellefso@execpc.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: 2 or 4 port Ethernet cards

Compaq does have a Dual port card. I don't know if there is support under
FreeBSD though.

The PCI Bus can do 132 MB/sec so in theory the bus can handle 4 100Mb ports.
This would be roughly 50 MB/sec. So it shouldn't matter if there are 4
seperate cards or a card with four ports, whether or not the card can
sustain that output is the important thing.

Brian