Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 20:57:21 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Hummers <phummers@iname.com>
To:        Mobile-FreeBSD Mail-List <freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: T22 IO-Card FRU replacement

On Mon, 31 May 2004, Amata Hetepunuta wrote:

> I found an old laptop, a TI TM7000--TravelMate 7000 to fool around with.
> Since I am just re-famaliarizing myself with Unix type OS, I thought that I
> would load FreeBSD or any compatible "Unix Flavor" onto it for the purpose
> of practicing commands, refeshing myself with the system, etc.  However, I
> seem to have a problem.  This laptop has no cdrom drive only a floppy. There
> is a 2gig HD, and 64megs of ram. I have search the interenet with no sucess
> to date. I am even thinking to use some type of embedded os, due to its
> compact size. But to get it onto floppies is the consideration.
>
> Could any of you suggest a small unix type os downloadable onto floppies
> which I might use.

Check out PicoBSD, at people.freebsd.org/~picobsd/picobsd.html

-Peter Hummers
==
"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for dinner and finding a
well-informed, well-armed sheep."
    -James Bovard, Lost_Rights:_The_Destruction_of_American_Liberty