Date:      Sun, 24 Nov 2002 14:28:12 +0100
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@bellavista.cz>
To:        Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Upgrading FreeBSD

# dhull@digitaloverload.net / 2002-11-23 18:23:05 -0900:
> I'm learning how the FreeBSD upgrade process works. I've got cvsup
> working and can grabe 4-stable.
>
> What I don't understand is the ports tree. Does it get updated when I
> do make buildworld etc...?

    no. it gets updated when you update it. how that is done depends on
    details of your setup: you can either run cvsup with the right
    supfile by hand, or you can have your ports tree updated by issuing
    "make update" in /usr/ports or /usr/src (this is how I do it).

    look in /etc/defaults/make.conf for details.