Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 00:36:44 -0500
From:      "Mark Segal" <mark@club-web.com>
To:        "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Chris Shenton" <chris@absinthe.i3inc.com>
Subject:   Re: Running sendmail queue upon connection?

>I thought there was a ESMTP command which a client would run to
>trigger this behavior. Problems:
there is a command built into sendmail as a result of RFC1985 (i think, and
if not somone willl for sure correct me on this  list :).  I had this
running with one of my clients using Slmail 2.2 (i think).  Basically what
i'm trying to get at in a convoluted sort of way is, if SLmail can do it so
can NT exchange.. in SLmail it was called a smarthost (ie my mail queueing
server)  and basically all it did was forced the NT box  to connect and then
send a "etrn <domainname>" to the sendmail daemon.  and presto.  So it, is
possible.. just check the NT exchenge server help files under "ETRN"

Mark