Date:      Wed, 11 Jun 1997 23:00:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Roberts <ddr@gwis.com>
To:        David Kirchner <dpk@notreal.com>
Cc:        support@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: de0 is not working with supposedly supported SMC card

On Wed, 11 Jun 1997, David Kirchner wrote:

> Try adding '-link2' to your ifconfig line. That disables 100baseTX, so it
> uses 10baseT.

Tried this already.. based on other responses, it appears that the newest
generation EtherPower cards (SMC9332BDT) are not compatible with FreeBSD.
Evidently the chipset changed (since the DST models).  Please make
appropriate parties aware of this so the driver can be updated.  Thanks!

--
Dan Roberts   (support@gwis.com)       GWIS - Gateway to Internet Services
voice - 216.656.5511 / 330.929.0266      For Internet Access in N. E. Ohio