Date:      Thu, 31 Mar 2016 20:42:56 +0300
From:      Aleksander Alekseev <mail@eax.me>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
Cc:        Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, Andriy Voskoboinyk <s3erios@gmail.com>, freebsd-dtrace@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I need a little help in fixing `exclusive sleep mutex urtwn0_com_lock` in CURRENT

> So as I understand some code acquired a mutex and didn't release it.
> And naturally it has something to do with USB. Now how can I figure
> out what code acquired this lock? Best approach I can think of
> currently is to find all places where this lock is accessed and add a
> debug logging. But perhaps there is a better way?

By any chance is it possible to trace mtx_lock / mtx_unlock calls using
DTrace? I see number of probes in `dtrace -l` which look like
something I need. Unfortunately they are named like knlist_mtx_lock or
do_lock_umutex so I can't figure out whether these are probes I looking
for or not.

cc: freebsd-dtrace@

--
Best regards,