Date:      Wed, 24 Jun 1998 16:25:52 +0800
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        Jim Lemieux <jim_lemieux@bctel.com>, freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD X.25 support

Open Systems Networking wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Jim Lemieux wrote:
>
> >     Does anybody know at what release this support and the associated
> > files were last provided in?
>
> I believe my 2.0-ALPHA CD has a working copy. Not that I ever tried them
> but I believe 2.0 was before the decision to rip them out due to bit rot.

I believe "working" isn't exactly appropriate there.  I'd suggest
"compiling" would be better.  Just because the code compiled doesn't mean
that it worked or was useable.

The X.25-proper stuff in the 4.4BSDLite[2] distributions under /usr/src/
contrib was never a part of FreeBSD.  It has user space daemons and a lot
of other stuff to make a complete complete X.25 system.  It's a very long
time since I looked at what was there, I'm not sure if it was an add-on to
the netccitt stuff, or a replacement, or was 4.3-net2 level and not ported
to 4.4Lite or something else.

> Chris

Cheers,
-Peter