Date:      Fri, 20 Jan 2012 18:17:30 -0700
From:      Jason Wolfe <nitroboost@gmail.com>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LSI supported mps(4) driver available

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 4:28 PM, Kenneth D. Merry <ken@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 23:14:20 -0000, Steven Hartland wrote:

Just in case this needs a bit more fuel, bringing it back to 8.x would be
quite welcome for many who are having issues with the bugs in the current
driver.  One of the more troubling being smartctl having the ability to
crash a system when run on a disk with tags > 2.  I had started up a thread
back in Nov regarding it and found that the LSI binary driver did in fact
handle the issue gracefully -
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-scsi/2011-November/005091.html.

Thank you sir!

Jason Wolfe