Date:      Thu, 24 Jun 2004 03:53:39 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de>
To:        Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlist2@HotPOP.com>
Cc:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: prevent ports from reinstalling XFree86

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, Vulpes Velox wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:16:28 +0200 (CEST)
> Peter Ulrich Kruppa <root@pukruppa.de> wrote:
>> I am quite happily running xorg for about a week now.
>> What would be the recommended way to prevent ports from
>> reinstalling XFree86?
>
> Try recvsuping... it works on my 5.2.1 box... Xorg fails to compile on
> my 4stable box though...
Sorry, I think I didn't express myself correctly:
Xorg components built well, and the new meta port works fine,
too.
But many ports depend on XFree86-libraries and -fonts.
What I wanted to know: Is there some way to keep them from
reinstalling XFree86 components (during a portupgrade p.ex.)?

Uli.

 	|    Peter Ulrich Kruppa    |
         |         Wuppertal         |
         |          Germany          |