Date:      Sun, 08 Oct 1995 12:08:02 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <masafumi@aslm.rim.or.jp>
To:        Basket Case <jon@pcca71.gallaudet.edu>
Cc:        masafumi@aslm.rim.or.jp
Subject:   Re: Screen coredumping upon startup

Hi.

From: Basket Case <jon@pcca71.gallaudet.edu>
Subject: Screen coredumping upon startup
Date: 7 Oct 1995 22:28:20 +0100

> Ive been trying to compile screen on my system (3.6.2) but it coredumps
> whenever a user tries to run screen.  Ive absolutely no idea why this is
> happening -- ive tried using screen from both the gnu site, and from the
> ports section (ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/...) and it still cores...
     I used to have the same problem.  It was solved by installing the
crypt libraries.  Also, you can avoid this by disabling the LOCK
SCREEN feature in the file ``config.h''.

> I'm currently using 2.1.0-950928-SNAP on p5-100 machine...
     Since I'm still using 2.0.5R, the situation may be bit different,
though.

          Masafumi NAKANE, Keio Univ., Dept. of Environmental Information
E-Mail : t94303mn@sfc.keio.ac.jp / HFC03131@niftyserve.or.jp
[URL] :  http://www.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~t94303mn