Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2012 11:39:52 +0100
From:      Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD && HDMI TV

El día Tuesday, November 06, 2012 a las 02:25:46AM -0800, Ronald F. Guilmette escribió:

> In message <20121106083949.GA1123@tiny.Sisis.de>,
> Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> >My question related to FreeBSD is: can I connect this somehow via an USB
> >HDMI adapter...
>
> I confess that I am somewhat shocked to learn that such things even
> exist, and even a bit more shocked to think that people actually
> buy them. ...

Thanks for your helping words. I have to say that I'm completely new to
multimedia stuff at home (I only have an old DVD player and a 20 years
old TV); I was not even thinking in VGA-HDMI and/or laptops with HDMI
output (is this supported by X11 or just transparent for X11?)

concerning the LAN board of the TV: it awaits an DLNA server in the LAN
to show content from there and it seems that there is such a server in
net/minidlna; will test this when I have time;

Thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz               |  /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign: www.asciiribbon.org