Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 02:56:05 -0800 (PST)
From:      Billy Graey <slayer@mediacity.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   modem on com 4

I'm running freebsd 2.2.6.  I fried my external modem due to shear
stupidity.  right now I've got an internal 56k in there on com 4 (at least
the dude I was talkign to (who works with these modems) said I had set it
for com4).  I removed the 'disabled' part of the sio3 line in my kernel as
per someone's instructions on #freebsd on undernet.  I am now, and was
before, getting Failed to open /dev/cuaa3, pause 5 seconds  when I try to
'term' in ppp (this is user ppp, not kernel).  What should/could I do to
get this to work.  No, I'm not 100% sure that the modem work, but I can't
get past freebsd acknowledging that come4 exists to check that part.

- Graey