Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 18:51:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Guntram Wolski <gwolsk@sei.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup to cvsup.freebsd.org never seems to connect?

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997, Guntram Wolski wrote:

> However, I tend to get nothing but timeouts connecting to
> cvsup.freebsd.org. Here is some useful output that might
> shed some light on the problem?

cvsup.freebsd.org gets tons of traffic.  Try to use another site, like
cvsup2.freebsd.org and cvsup3.freebsd.org as you suggested.

> The "Maximum..." message was new at this run. Never saw
> this before.
>
> I am unable to resolve the cvsup[23].freebsd.org names
> for some reason so I'm unable to try them.

Hm, they work OK here.  Perhaps your link to Walnut Creek is bad?

Here are the real addresses for cvsup[23]...

gdi,ttyp0,~,33>host cvsup2.freebsd.org
cvsup2.freebsd.org is a nickname for burka.rdy.com
burka.rdy.com has address 205.149.163.30
burka.rdy.com mail is handled (pri=20) by mail1.best.com
burka.rdy.com mail is handled (pri=10) by burka.rdy.com
gdi,ttyp0,~,34>host cvsup3.freebsd.org
cvsup3.freebsd.org is a nickname for freebsd.lcs.mit.edu
freebsd.lcs.mit.edu is a nickname for xyz.lcs.mit.edu
xyz.lcs.mit.edu has address 18.24.10.20
xyz.lcs.mit.edu mail is handled (pri=2) by mintaka.lcs.mit.edu
xyz.lcs.mit.edu mail is handled (pri=1) by xyz.lcs.mit.edu

Spam routed to /dev/null by Procmail    | Death to Cyberpromo